Our clients frequently partner with us to help them find exceptional Customer Success Managers in the San Francisco Bay Area. Could you be the next one? Keep reading and find out what it takes to be a great CSM. Then reach out to our team.
Typical Customer Success Manager Qualifications
The Customer Success Manager is a key hire for the post-sales team. The ideal candidate typically has the ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced, deadline and detail-oriented environment. Our San Francisco clients often require 3+ years of enterprise post-sales experience, and a proven track record exceeding expectations and delivering on MBO’s.
You know how to navigate complex, fragmented customer engagements. This means your question-asking and discovery process is second to none. You are the best there is when it comes to finding out everything there is to know about the customer and potential future opportunity, and you understand what’s required for success.
- Help engage customers and generate revenue
- Be a key member of the CS team
- Thrive in a startup environment where you can make a huge impact
- Over-deliver on customer expectations and drive customer sat
- Help establish processes, the playbook and play a key role in building the team
- Work closely with the leadership and an extremely supportive sales team
- Play a key role in managing customer lifecycle and especially help support expansion
- Help close large enterprise deals with brand name clients
Typical Success Metrics
- Research and prospect into key accounts
- Establish and maintain metrics that depict client health
- Develop a thorough understanding of the company’s platform
- Clearly articulate company’s value proposition and drive customer engagement
- Quarterback relationship, working closely with implementation team for smooth rollouts
- Basic account management with a focus on retaining/driving revenue through renewals/upsells
- Identify upsell and expansion opportunities within existing clients, working closely with sales and marketing
- Successfully navigate complex organizational structures in large enterprises and ensure all key stakeholders are appropriately involved
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively share our product offering with customers
- Manage accounts by building relationships with all levels of stakeholders within clients from from frontline management to C-level executives
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with key client stakeholders
- Maintain referenceable clients with extremely high renewal rates
- Your persistence is unparalleled. A creative, assertive problem-solver, you are curious, prepared, team-oriented and a self-starter.
- Organized, detail-oriented with incredible follow through. You are highly accountable, positive and fun to work with.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Comfortable with ambiguity, willing to roll up your sleeves and figure things out.
- Ability to not only balance, but effectively manage competing priorities, and multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Extremely well-organized, quick-learner, self-directed, highly energetic, professional and flexible.
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced team environment. Sense of humor.
- Precise attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Background in organized sports/experience working in a small team environment a plus
- College degree required