Career advice delivered to you.
Betts Recruiting has placed thousands of job seekers in revenue-generating roles at tech startups. In Amelia Cochran leads our searches for marketing roles at high-growth companies.
Since joining Betts in 2014, Amelia has been tremendously successful working with top talent. She is currently a Recruiter – Team Lead focused on supporting junior recruiters and matching skilled marketers with innovative companies.
“Our clients are looking for super creative, out-of-the-box thinkers to bring on as their first marketing hires,” said Amelia. “Someone with a clear vision for collaborating with sales and executing demand gen campaigns will stand out in an interview.”
Below are three of the top marketing roles Amelia has come across for New York tech startups:
Director of Marketing (Jack-of-All-Trades)
- Why? Early-stage startups need to build their marketing department from the ground up.
- Who? Someone well-rounded in all of the different disciplines, ready to get down in the trenches, and not afraid of a challenge.
- Skills? Experience with automation, digital content, events, SEO, and SEM; Creative mind and strategic thinker; Know how to target and segment an ideal customer; Can work hand-in-hand with the sales team.
Director of Demand Generation
- Why? Early-stage startups need a highly productive B2B funnel of qualified leads for their sales team.
- Who? Someone who is driven by metrics and wants to collaborate with the sales team to execute “direct-to-prospect” email marketing campaigns.
- Skills? 5+ years of experience in the lead generation and digital marketing space; Strong comfort level with CRM and marketing analytics; Experience working with cross-functional teams in matrix organizations.
Product Marketing Manager
- Why? High-growth startups that want to optimize their product positioning to give sales team a competitive edge.
- Who? Someone who can translate technical specs into branding collateral that drives demand, and who can be the internal expert on buyers and their buying criteria.
- Skills? 5+ years of product marketing experience in the B2B Software as a Service space; Preferably a BA/BS degree in IT, engineering, business or similar; Excellent written and verbal storytelling skills; Past experience researching and building competitive analyses.
Click here to connect with Amelia about finding or hiring senior level marketing roles in New York. To find opportunities or top talent outside of New York, fill out this quick form to connect with Betts.